Many of us are pressed for time in the morning, but it seems we actually use more products than we realize. Beyond just cleanser and moisturizer, what are the products that you use in the morning? Do you already know which ones are a must?
Cleansing is probably something you can skip, but one thing you should never skip, regardless of the weather, is sunscreen! Dr. Elbuluk recommends in this AAD article to use a moisturizer with SPF 30 every morning.
This is my typical morning routine, and I promise it does not take me too long! I take about ten minutes, another ten minutes to apply makeup, then I’m out the door.
- Cleanser – I have oily combination skin, and I’ve found that skipping this in the morning tends to make me break out, especially in the summer. I use a gentle cleanser like Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturizing Cleanser to avoid stripping my skin, but still give it a nice cleanse in the morning.
- Toner – My Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Toner (which I had transferred in a travel bottle to take with me). I talked about the benefits of toner in a previous post.
- Body Lotion – I use Peter Thomas Roth’s Mega-Rich Body Lotion. I find that my skin is getting drier as I’m getting older, so body moisturizer is a must.
- Serum – Need me my Vitamin C serum!
- Face moisturizer/sunscreen – I use Josie Maran’s Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47. I hit two birds with one stone in this product, which moisturizes the dry areas on my face and provides me broad-spectrum protection.
- Body sunscreen – Remember that anything exposed to the sun needs protection. I use Cetaphil’s Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 50. I originally purchased this for the face, but it is a bit too greasy for my liking so I have used it for my neck area instead, and spread it over my hands and arms as well (if I don’t have time to reach for an actual body sunscreen, lol).
- Lash builder – Not necessary, but I have been experimenting with Christian Breton Paris Eyelash Builder to strengthen my sparse lashes. It has worked pretty well for me! I have less eyelash fallout and they are growing longer, but perhaps that’s also thanks to warmer weather. I include this in my routine so I don’t forget to use it.
What’s your morning skincare routine? 🙂